Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I hate the news

I hate watching the news, but we only get 3 PBS channels and the WB upstairs. So there isn't much choice. Tonight I was watching the news and I heard them say that someone was suing Applebees because their food has more fat in it than advertised! It's actually 1 of 6 law suits currently. That's crazy! If it's that big of a deal stop eating it and cook it yourself. Why do they think it taste so good, because it's healthy, no because it's fatening. I admit I don't have much self control when it comes to sweets. I eat unhealthy, but I don't sue people because I'm fat. It's my choice to put it in my mouth and I enjoy every moment of it. Before I do eat it I weigh the consequences. Then I weigh myself. Which is one of the consequenses. Soon, McDonalds will have a wavier that you must sign before you can order your food. Sign here, here, and here. Initial here, here and here. Welcome to McDonalds, would you like fries with that? Wait, you didn't initial the fries box. Would you like apples with that?

3 comments:

Kendra said...

I totally agree. Maybe if they had waivers to sign then noone would eat there. IDK

K-Jo said...

Be responsible for own actions?! Crazy talk!

Ruth Vest said...

AGREED! the US seems to be moving away from personal responsibility though :) good times...