I'm a very goal oriented person. Give me a goal and I will accomplish it - no matter how hard it may be, I will accomplish it. That's just how I am. I don't fail. I might decide that something isn't worth accomplishing, but I will not fail at the things that are worth accomplishing. Like how I word that. So here is my next goal. I'm not sure exactly the details of it yet. I need your help with that if you will. I feel that I am too opinionated, or that I voice my opinions too much. I'm not sure if I should keep those opinions to myself or should I change my opinionated ways. I like who I am and I'm happy with it, but I feel that I may hurt other peoples feelings sometimes. I know... "be ye not offended". Isn't that how it goes. I totally agree with that quote, but unfortunately not many others do. I don't talk behind people's backs, I will tell it to your face if you want. But again the question arises - Should I tell it to your face or should I keep it to myself? Anyway, once I decide which situation needs changed, that will be my goal.
FYI - I am also a problem fixer. Notice I don't say solver. I see a problem and I want to fix it. Whether the problem is with me or someone else I want to fix it. So my other goal is to listen more and understand that I can't fix things. I can't even change (for good or bad) your problems/situations, I can only change mine.
To sum it all up: This year I will listen more and understand that you're in a crappy situation and that's it. I can't fix it. Then I will keep my opinions to myself about your situation. Unless I decide to share my opinions and just not be so opinionated. If that makes sense.
Lots of feedback is welcome!
3 comments:
If someone was to say to me "give my your take on Liz...what is she like?" I would never in a million years have said "opinionated". I think that sometimes we all just feel like saying what we have on our minds and throw caution to the wind. Sometimes I wish I was able to do that more. I think you are fun to be around and I don't think you have ever offended me. Cause I'm really hard to offend. Not much will crawl up my crack and die. ;)
I say, keep being you and if you are feeling this way, then I think that someone has made you feel bad for something you said that was said with honesty. So they need to step back and think about themselves.
I'm also a problem fixer. I wish I could hop into some homes around here and do some finger pointing and stern words and hop back out again. But I can't, so I only do it in my head.
Stay the same! I don't think you are anything but nice, charming and funny....So "don't go changing..."
AGREE... don't even think about changing that for ONE MINUTE. i think if people ask for your opinion give it to em! more people in this world need to STOP blowing smoke and actually say what they mean and mean what they say. it's a great quality. KEEP IT. the people that are getting offended are probably the ones doing something they shouldn't be doing in the first place and they just feel guilty when outsiders notice :) stay the same...
Post a Comment