Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Causing trouble again

Yesterday while I was tutoring at school the principal came in and said he needed to see me. Ok. No biggy, last time he did that it was because he wanted me to work with another student. It's so close to the end of the year, so I thought it was weird that they would start tutoring now. When I finished with the 2nd graders I work with I went to the office, the principal gave me a sheet of paper with Bryce's name on it and a short paragraph and asked if I new anything about it. As I read the paper I laughed ;) Probably shouldn't have, but i did. It's Bryce. Turns out Bryce had a pair of scissors that broke and he gave one half to his best friend and kept the other half for himself. They had them in their pockets at recess and some girl saw them. She went and told the teacher that Bryce and the other boy were using them like swords and chasing her around. (This is something Bryce would do) She said she was afraid they were going to hurt her with the scissors. So Bryce got called to the office. Both boys deny having the scissors out and chasing the girl, although they did admit they had scissors in their pockets. No one saw them have them out so I tend to believe Bryce, plus both boys told the same story when asked. But because of the mess Bryce and his friend had to spend recess with the principal today. Nope, I didn't punish him at home because the only thing he did wrong was have scissors in his pocket at recess. They should have been left at his desk. I felt the principals punishment took care of that. And, nope, the little girl who told the teacher the lie about the boys chasing her didn't get punished for lieing either. I thought that was crappy. Oh well, the principal was funny though. He wasn't sure if he should punish Bryce or not because he was my son. He asked me about it first. Unfortunatly for Bryce I don't play favoritism. If you do the crime, you do the time. Sorry Bryce. Good thing it rained today, he didn't miss much.

3 comments:

Ruth Vest said...

good parenting liz. i agree he shouldn't have been punished at home because he really didn't do anything wrong. i would also believe bryce any day of the week over some lying girl from class. this also speaks highly of you that the principal has that much respect for you that they would consult with you first-i thought that was funny. you HAVE to run for school board again... they need you.

K-Jo said...

Playing swords with half of a scissor pair sounds like good fun to me!

I didn't realize that you tutor also; are you still involved in graphic design?

liz said...

I only do graphic design if someone asks for my help. I am a lunch lady by day and a mom by night! I also volunteer as a tutor at school. I love it! Everyone should be a lunch lady!