Saturday, May 9, 2009

Week of ups and downs


This week was crazy. Monday was normal. Tuesday I woke up in a horrible mood. Don't know why, but I was in a bad mood all day. We skipped karate and stayed home so that I could go to bed early and get the day over with.Wednesday David let me sleep in and he took the kids to school. I got up in time to shower, eat an omelet David had made me and rush to work. While I was eating my omelet David informed me that I had an appoitment at 5pm to get a massage and haircut! Happy mothers day to me! Sweet, just what I need :) So 5pm comes and I am getting a massage :) The lady did a good job, I was super relaxed when she finished. Then I got my hair cut. I was trying to decide if I wanted to keep it long or go short again. Anyone want to guess? I sat down and the lady said "what are we going to do today". So we talked about my love of short hair and my husbands love of long hair and I tried to get her to make some suggestions of something fun to do with my hair. She would not say anything except "I need direction". She was affraid she would cut my hair and I would hate it, so she wouldn't do anything unless I told her specificly short, long, make it look like this. This obviosly not the time to experiment, so I kept it long. She did a good job too, but I wanted something really different. Oh well, all in all it was a good day. The problem came in that night, I could not fall asleep. I tried everything reading, watching tv, just laying there. Nothing worked so I got up and started cleaning. I went through my closets and pulled out clothes I no longer wear. I went through my drawers, cleaned the top of my dresser off. I went through my whole room and made a pile of garage sale stuff. Still couldn't fall asleep so I moved on to the book shelfs. I organized the books and cleaned the top of the shelfs off. Found some more garage sale stuff. I even made my bed. By this time it was 5:30 in the morning. I finally went to bed and must of fell asleep because I woke up at 7:30 when the alarm was going off. I was surprised I wasn't tired at all on Thursday. Thursday evening we went to hear Ken Nesbit speak at the school. He is a childrens author. He writes mainly poems. The kids loved him. He was pretty funny. You can check out his poems on poetry4kids.com. He has a page where he post his new poems and you can read them and grade them. If they get a high enough grade he puts them in his books, if not, he trashes them. Pretty spiffy! The kids love it. Friday I made a lemon cake with raspberry filling! Loved it (see pictures above). Didn't help with the weight loss, but you have to have fun in life. So today I'm off to the schoolastic warehouse book sale. Yep, I'm taking the kids. I sold 10 headbands this week (yea!) so I have some extra money. I figure I'll let the kids pick out a few books. Then tonight my sister is watching the kids, so David and I are going on a hot date. Not sure of the ajenda for that, but I hope it includes Panara Bread :) So that was my week in a nut shell. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

4 comments:

Ruth Vest said...

dave is rad for getting you a hair cut and massage... good thinkin dave! bummer you had kinda a crappy week but that cake looks AMAZING! no clue why you could be in a crappy mood with that cake around. what are the butterflies made of?

Kendra said...

Dave is awesome! Do you have any 'fat' clothes that would fit me? I'd be down to buy some if you do. And I'm so jealous that you got a massage and a haircut! Plus Dave made you breakfast...he's the man. The cake looks awesome and I want some...*sad face*

Laurie Rohrbach said...

We got the leftover cake and it was GREAT!! Now, if Dave would just give lessons to the rest of the husbands....

liz said...

David offered lessons as an Elders Quorum class, but they turned him down - sorry ladies.